We are pleased to support a number of programs that provide opportunities to serve as volunteer in various capacities at any Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District location.
However, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District is placing its Volunteer Program on hold until further notice. Effective immediately, PIONEERS MEMORIAL is asking all active volunteers to remain at home. Additionally, PMHD will not be accepting new volunteer applications. As soon as it is deemed safe to do so, we will gladly bring back the Volunteer Program to PMHD.
Volunteer Services at PIONEERS
Policy & Procedure Highlights
- 80 hours over 4 months for Junior & Adult volunteer.
- Junior 16 – 17 years.
- Adult 18 and above.
- ROP, CalWorks, Schools other agencies: depending on their program.
- Job shadowing is under Continuing Education.
- No court order, school requirements unless commitment is 80 hours over 6 months.
- Depends on availability of Department mentor.
- Depends on assessed skills of volunteer.
Duration of Assignment
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Weekends only Clinical Area. Volunteer hours may vary.
- 80 hours over 4 months in specific area.
- ROP, CalWorks , Schools for at least 6 months or duration of their program.
- Free drug and alcohol screening, TB testing.
- One free meal up to $5.00 while on duty if worked over 4 hours per day.
- Free coffee or tea (cafeteria).
- For first 500 hours served.
- Additional award per 250 hours serviced.
- Circumstances warranting special awards and recognition.
- ROP, CalWorks , Schools participants are exempts from above 1-2 awards.
- Orientation to facility.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Use of office equipment.
- Opportunities to participate in educational offerings relevant to assignment.
- Additional skills required in assigned department as determined by mentor.
- Assessed upon admission to Volunteer Services and annually thereafter.
- Performance appraisal post program.
- Plus ROP, CalWorks , Schools Program required assessment.
- Sign in and out.
- Attend training.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Dress appropriately.
- Women’s Auxiliary may wear their uniform jacket and name tag.
- All others: uniform and name tag.
- Unacceptable attires are:
- Jeans, shorts, skirts and dress more than 2 ½ inches above the knee
- Sandals or slippers
- Sweat pants or exercise clothing
- Bikini apparel
- Printed T-shirts except PMHD T-shirts (only holidays or weekends)
- Tank tops
- Personal Hygiene and Cosmetics:
- Personal hygiene must be practiced
- No excessive cologne, jewelry or cosmetics
- Hair kept clean and neat
- Application of cosmetics in assigned area is not allowed
- Use of visible body pierced rings/jewelry are not allowed
- No more than 2 pair of earrings can be worn at the same time
- Complete assignment.
- Inform mentor of absence.
- Behaves in a professional manner.